Crown refers to a dental cap that is placed over a teeth to cover its deformities. It conceals cracked, chipped or discolored teeth and provides good shape to it. It is a cosmetic treatment that helps to restore the appearance of the person.
Bridge refers to a dental restoration that helps to replace missing teeth in the mouth. It bridges the gaps in between the teeth aiding in the better appearance of the person. At Uptown Smiles, the dentists provide crowns and bridges after considering their dental condition.
Facts about Crown
- Crown is customized to fit each patient's unique requirement.
- It provides full protection to the damaged tooth by instilling strength in it.
- The treatment helps to provide shape and alignment to the teeth.
- Crown aesthetically enhances the smile of the person.
- It boosts the self-esteem of the patient regarding their appearance.
Facts about Bridge
- Dental bridges can restore up to three missing teeth.
- It helps to preserve the bone density of the teeth.
- The treatment helps to align the teeth in the desired position
- It aids in better facial structure for the patient.
- Bridges can be made from various materials like porcelain and composite resin.
Procedure for Crown
After an initial consultation, the dentist begins the procedure by scraping a small part of the tooth enamel. It is essential for affixing the dental cap over the teeth. The dentist takes the measurements of the teeth using digital imaging systems, which are sent to the laboratory for the fabrication of the crown. In the subsequent appointment, the dentist affixes the crown onto the teeth using dental adhesive and polishes it to provide the color of the natural teeth.
Procedure for Bridge
The dentist takes the impression of the teeth using digital imaging systems. It helps shape the bridge's components according to the specific measurements, providing a customized fit for the patient. A small part of the adjacent teeth is scraped for the proper fitting of the bridge on the teeth. The dentists provide a temporary bridge for the patient until the fabrication of the personalized bridge. In the succeeding appointment, it is fixed to the adjacent teeth and cemented in place.
Lee Palmer DDS PC, Dentist in Franklin TN, located at Franklin, TN, has expert dentists and modern technologies that enable patients' best dental care facilities. Call (615) 794-0756 and book an appointment with the dentistry to know more about dental restorations and to receive a complete dental checkup.