Root Canal is a dental procedure that is performed to treat teeth affected by cavities. The process helps to remove the infected pulp and restores the teeth. It also helps to stop the spread of bacteria in the mouth. At Lee Palmer DDS PC, the dentists provide root canal treatment to patients on visiting the dentistry at Franklin, TN.
Signs that you require Root Canal Treatment
- The patient experiences sharp pain while biting or chewing.
- The gums at the site of cavities become darkened.
- The infected tooth may chip or break off.
- Patient experiences tooth sensitivity while consuming hot or cold food.
- There can be swelling in the site of cavities.
Advantages of Root Canal Treatment
- The treatment improves the appearance of the person aesthetically.
- Root Canal helps to restore the functionality of the teeth.
- It helps to provide protection to the natural teeth.
- Tooth Extraction can be avoided by promptly receiving root canal treatment.
- The treatments help to alleviate the extreme pain caused by the cavities.
How is Root Canal performed?
In the initial appointment, the patient is made to undergo a complete dental checkup, which helps analyze the dental condition in detail. Digital imaging systems enable a better view of the infected tooth, which allows the patient to draft a treatment plan for the patient. The patient is provided anesthesia which aids in numbing the area in treatment. A rubber dam is placed on the gums before the treatment is initiated.
A small access hole is made in the infected tooth using dental tools. The infected pulp and tissues are removed from the tooth. The dentist decontaminates the hole created by the process. It is filled with materials like composite reason or metal and sealed, which helps to prevent the infection from recurring.
Some patients may require a dental crown after the root canal therapy, which the dentist schedules on the patients' requirement. Aftercare is essential after the treatment. Mild discomfort can be alleviated using over-the-counter medicines prescribed by the dentist. Regular dental care at home, like brushing and flossing, can help maintain good dental hygiene. The dentist advises the patients to regularly visit the dentist to analyze their dental condition.
Lee Palmer DDS PC, Dentist in Franklin TN, located at Franklin, TN, is an equipped dentistry that offers patients the best dental care facilities. Dial (615) 794-0756 and book an appointment with the dentistry to know more about root canal and other dental treatments.